Thursday, October 20, 2011

SITE//

The site I have chosen in Canberra between Kings Avenue and Dorothy Tangney Place.
The site is currently a carpark roughly 80 x 230m.
The reason I chose this site is that it can coincide with the light rail system that was proposed in assignment 1 (see image attached)
Bordering the site is a busy main vehicular road (Kings Avenue) and the John Gorton Finance Building with adjacent carpark. There is currently landscaping and tree's surrounding the site in which I intent to maintain.
As the site is so big, I will maintain 1/3 - 1/2 of the site to remain as carparking as it is current that the carpark is always full and the area is in need of the carparking facilities. To keep the current number and increase to allow for more carparking for visitors for my project, I will extended the carpark down into the ground to create an underground carpark.
The remainder of the site will consist of my building with surrounding connections to landscape


No comments:

Post a Comment